I have found a release that is sweeter than peace. Who could have known that it could be found through a painful step of separation.
I hold resentment... shallow... for being forced to miss something I love, something I was looking forward to from before it was planned. Something I helped to plan. My second of these in six months... my second three-day long disappointment... and then having to hear the tales of excitement upon the ending of it.
I hold resentment... shallow... for being forced to leave someone I love to be around, someone I look forward to seeing even when there is no plan to see. Someone I help and who helps me, through the drudgery and excitement of the days.
But in place of all that shallow resentment, I hold a relief... deep... deeper than deep.
A relief that allows me to quickly overcome the resentment I feel, and be happy at the cutting of the nooses tied around our necks... all our necks.
We hate to be ruled by other people, and their thoughts and feelings, but this world is filled with other people, and their thoughts and feelings, and we cannot escape them unless we escape our own thoughts and feelings.... and if we did... what life would that be.
No comments:
Post a Comment