Wednesday, May 06, 2009

follow di leada

I realize that my discomfort and maybe even resentment for being followed is more than I used to acknowledge. I believe it is selfishness on my part, but it exists nonetheless.

I feel as if someone took my desires, my hobbies, my career passion and made them their own. Borrowed them, and turned them into their desires and passions, and then convinced others that it resided there, with them, first. I saw it in so many things, some that I eventually pulled away from, just because I felt like I was followed. I remember the sheer surprise at finding out the interest that (suddenly) appeared for the same things as me, when I did not see that interest there before I got into them.

Maybe I inflate myself more than it is worth, and dream up things that are not there. Maybe these decisions had absolutely nothing to do with me. If that be the case, then maybe we are just very similar... too similar... a similarity that drives me to become more different.

No comments: