Friday, September 18, 2009

one on one

I see the full side of you
the bright and darkness of you
the packed high to explosive potential of you
and I may conclude I want some of you

There is a give and receive that all relationships share.
Not the actual act of giving and getting,
but the personality traits that merge into ours
and make us who we are, that we inadvertently took
from those persons whose parts we admired.

All of us take from others.

And all of us, mostly unknowingly, give
by simply being ourselves in other people's sight.

The choice to embrace someone with all their parts:
both the ones you love and the ones you hate,
and willingly and knowingly give of yourself the same way
is the stuff that monogamous relationships are made of.

Polygamous relationships display a flexibility
to enjoy each person in their great moments
and be removed from them in their unbearable moments
while possibly enjoying another in their great moment

The first option allows for great depth with one...
an endless tutorial on all they have to offer, good and bad,
a tutorial that allows for bidirectional learning and bonding,
a benefit that is mutual, and in my opinion, brave...

I appeal to brave,
it's admirable, sexy, and worth it.

No comments: