'whisper a prayer in the morning,
whisper a prayer at noon,
whisper a prayer in the evening,
and keep your heart in tune'
whisper a prayer at noon,
whisper a prayer in the evening,
and keep your heart in tune'
It struck me hard this morning as I read a simple story of a prayer for a friend that many a whisper of prayers I make (especially for others) are not only to keep my heart in tune but to keep my prayers to myself.
But why? The answer revealed my own shortcoming.
I pray in silence to reduce expectation. If it gets answered, then great news all around! If it does not, then no one will know but me... that's not a lot of faith is it.
I'm always amazed when the subtle ways I undermine my prayers are revealed: when I say I am asking in faith but then genuinely display very little.
No comments:
Post a Comment