Thursday, February 05, 2009

transforming traits

Give me already made
but used to exhaustion
ready to be tossed
ready to be changed

give me crushed,
banged and bruised
messy and dirty
disheveled and untidy

give me an expensive project
with limited resources & chaos

and I may take it and mold it
reshape it and build it
organize it, straighten it
fix it and rearrange it

watch me get all excited
about making it efficient
presentable, enjoyable,
functional and beautiful

I'll fall in love with finding a solution
using my creativity and getting order.

It's a trait that I have
an odd passion I possess
that makes me love strange activities
like making art out of mundane things
redesigning an existing interior
cleaning up a long-messed space
straightening the crushes in clothes
using over-played music to create a new story
pulling a new audience experience out of an old one
doing a major project with minimal material
and seeing great potential in what others may consider garbage

disclaimer: this applies to mostly physical things and not the madness of someone's mind for example, so no, work does not apply.

No comments: