This entire weekend was devoted to communication in one form or another. It seemed fitting that it would be highlighted by an event of sharing centred around food and friendship.
It's been over ten years (wow!) and the bonds that were formed on that spine by the chem department are still stretched tight and held strong by years of experiences and shared journeys. We sat at the table, sharing a few, and learning a few more. It was a celebration of the life of someone cherished and dear to us made possible by someone cherished and dear to them.
As I sat there I took in the faces of the those around me... some closer than others, some newer than others. I felt blessed to have been tied to these people somehow. I don't know how we got drawn together, or what initial decisions we must have made to have led us to where we are today, or how close we may have come to missing it all. I don't know what another path would have looked like, but right there, hearing the stories, reliving the moments, watching new bonds form, I was grateful for that path... for this path. I was grateful for the people. I was grateful for the impact they have had on me and the person I am because of them.
Yup, I love my friends!
Happy Birthday D!
No comments:
Post a Comment