'This above all; to thine own self be true.'
- William Shakespeare
he is steadily striving in his field, becoming the scholar expected by those that think him fully capable. his own thoughts on his path take him through series of highs and lows, few of which bring him great joy. though he is surrounded by brilliance and high intellectual stimulation, his artistic side cries for attention.
he knows many who hold great artistic potential, and only one that has headed the cry; taking that path as a career. he wishes he could gain the courage to step out of the mold of potential security and gain the freedom to try something new and exciting. though his current course demands a great deal of his time, he convinces himself that he can do both, placing his art on the side. he does his talents injustice, as he fully comprehends that on the side is exactly where they will sit and stay.
3 comments:
I could copy this and use as my autobiography, but that would be vain.
Much truth, much thoughts generated. Now you'll have me up the whole night pondering.
Thanx.
Rae,
You already know my feeling on this given the upcoming changes I am making in my life. Still not sure of the focus but soulsearching along the lines you wrote about led me here so I have to believe it is the right path.
My bad. I just realised the part about brilliance. I'll have fries and OJ instead of soda with my previous post thanx.
Post a Comment