I did not intend to use this blog for the purpose of reviewing films, but one in particular demands exception. If you are at all interested in suspense/horror/thrillers then this is definitely a film not to be missed! Saw, directed by James Wan (screenplay: Leigh Whannell) absolutely grabs the viewer from the opening shot straight through to the last.
With the exception of movies written and directed by M. Night Shyamalan (e.g. Sixth Sense), I tend to find myself disappointed with psychological thrillers. That was far from the case here. Like all movies of its nature, there are the few times you find yourself screaming ‘just shoot already!!’ however this is quickly forgiven considering the many other levels at which the film captivates its audience. Though there are instances I would rather not watch for fear my heart rate escalate to dangerous levels, I could not bear to tear my eyes from the screen. The film rates pretty high on the graphic scale, but that’s one of the many reasons it pulls you in. Not only is it unpredictable, you find yourself sitting in utter disbelief at what you’re seeing or about to see.
My rule with any movie is ‘see it for yourself and form your own opinion’, but if you prefer the referral approach, I recommend you see Saw.
With the exception of movies written and directed by M. Night Shyamalan (e.g. Sixth Sense), I tend to find myself disappointed with psychological thrillers. That was far from the case here. Like all movies of its nature, there are the few times you find yourself screaming ‘just shoot already!!’ however this is quickly forgiven considering the many other levels at which the film captivates its audience. Though there are instances I would rather not watch for fear my heart rate escalate to dangerous levels, I could not bear to tear my eyes from the screen. The film rates pretty high on the graphic scale, but that’s one of the many reasons it pulls you in. Not only is it unpredictable, you find yourself sitting in utter disbelief at what you’re seeing or about to see.
My rule with any movie is ‘see it for yourself and form your own opinion’, but if you prefer the referral approach, I recommend you see Saw.
No comments:
Post a Comment