There's a lot to be said about being a child.
When we grow old we mature and learn from our experiences, and it is those experiences that are said to make us stronger. But I wish to refute.
I believe it is those experiences that make us wiser perhaps, more careful, more observing, more questioning... but whether these translate to power or strength is debatable. I think the abandon of a child to believe he can do anything and therefore set about doing it without the slightest hesitation is one of the greatest forms of strength. I believe that fearless hope and trust not easily shaken by those around is an extremely powerful thing. I believe that to look at the world in all its chaos and complexity and see it for its beauty and simplicity is more power than we could imagine. Power that we once owned ourselves. Power that if allowed to ripen can make extraordinary adults.
The mind of a child is a powerful thing. May we never reduce it with our corrupt and limited adult ways.
No comments:
Post a Comment