I have a new problem. Maybe I always had it, but before now I was probably part of the problem, or at least, participating in the behaviour.
Why do we speak out against crime on a certain group of people? Gays and lesbians, women, 'blacks', Jews... and on and on. We make it seem like crime is ok, but once it is targetted at a specific group, it is the worst sin in the world.
WAKE UP PEOPLE!
People are people! Who cares if a man is being beaten because he's gay, or because he's black, or because he's Arabic? A man is being beaten! Full stop! We need to stop this racial/sexual/age/colour/height/weight/gender/nationality distinctions and start behaving like everyone matters. Why is the man who kills me for my wallet better than the man who kills me for my skin colour. I'M STILL DEAD!
It's the subtle behaviours and thoughts that define us. The things we do instinctively that we don't even think once about, but that we learned from someone else. We need to start examining them and thinking about what we are saying and doing so we don't instinctively pass this behaviour on to our children. Prejudice against groups of people is never going to stop if we constantly think of people in groups.
Each individual matters!
2 comments:
agreed!
well said!
Post a Comment