Thursday, December 11, 2008

a heavy dose of Stu

Sometimes things happen that really make you stop and question. Why?

Fascinatingly, that question never entered my mind in this case. After the initial shock wore off, I was just grateful to have had the pleasure of knowing him. I always thought he had accomplished so much more than the average person in a short space of time. Even the Gleaner acknowledged this at the age of seventeen. I wrote about him in the R-lot as one of my 'other brothers' and I meant that. I grew up with him, watched him from tummy to diapers, played together constantly as children and teens and kept close as adults. I can't walk out on my balcony without thinking of him, or look at a string of Christmas lights and not feel something move in the pit of my stomach.

My reaction was severely delayed. It occurred just last night, and I suppose that release is the reason I am able to write it here this morning. I can't put into words how I feel, and in this rare instance, I'm not interested in trying.

My Stu Peas and Rice: Super-Nes, toy trains, hot wheels, bicycles, the little blue toy truck and Aunty Jeanie's grassy hill, karaoke, movie nights, Christmas lights, satellite sharing, the swing, the dogs, lizard eggs, the 'club house', home videos, baby keyboards, resident modeling announcer, surround sound systems, plane watching, morphing childhood dreams into realities: Concerts, Musicals, Crew, Choirs, Breighton Street, NJTM, EDI, Stage Manager, Lighting Manager, Technical Director, Actor, Writer, Producer, Composer, Pilot, Instructor. You did it all my friend, and the world will miss you.

Love you always
"Rae Rae... from fores' way"
aka "Aisharay"

Stuart Gordon Brown
July 3, 1983 - December 6, 2008
The world would not have been ready for his greatness.

No comments: