Wednesday, January 23, 2008

overkill

I'm indecisive and I know it
Ask me a question and I'll show it...
make it heavy and emotional,
but where either choice may be rational
and then sit back and watch.

I'll give you the obvious answer,
the expected one that comes faster
and then I'll sit and deliberate
and realize my choice is changing fate
and all of a sudden it holds more weight.

Then I stop.

I take a step back and consider
the outcome of another answer
and more often times than not
I will give it way too much thought
and confuse my mind further.

Long after everyone else is done
considering, answering and moving on
I am still left pondering this and that
still going over all the facts
wondering which is best

Truthfully though
most times I know
But feel I could be missing out
if I always go with the expected route,
and so I ponder on.

2 comments:

laroper18 said...

Can relate to a point... I usually take a while from the get-go.

Neer said...

:) cool rhymes but then arent all of us are like that most of the times?