Thursday, June 30, 2005

the companion of trees

I write to release
the feelings flowing through my veins
and the thoughts that flood my mind.

The words that shout from my lips
fall unto the page and are engrained
in its threads in silence.

The hand that forms a fist connects
with only the pen whence the ink flows,
sparing the walls my rage.

The tears that well in my eyes
increase the fluidity of my fingers
as they move across the surface
expressing pain and joy alike.

The leaves receive them all,
and ne'er once complain for their burden.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like this. Thumbs up.

laroper18 said...

Your good!

Anonymous said...

Love this one Rae. It captures so much of what goes into these efforts for those of us that use writings as an outlet (not that I am quite in your class of depth).

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work
»