Through the many heartaches suffered in this short lifetime, nothing pains more than the thought of forever losing someone I love.
To see that person even suffer the slightest pain inflicts the same on me. I wish I could bear it for him, be there with him. There is literally, absolutely nothing that can compare to the despair I feel when I believe he is in real and present danger and I can do nothing to change it. The pit of my stomach falls to open the emptiness inside me, and I can barely hold back the tears.
To any lover of Christ, this is how it feels to know there is someone you love who, at their present state, will be tormented for all eternity and, try as you might, they will not decide to be removed from this fate. That is the epitome of absolute sorrow, and that is what I bear everyday for those I love that may know about the way in their head, but it has never made the journey to their heart.
‘I say the truth in Christ, I lie not, my conscience also bearing me witness in the Holy Ghost, that I have great heaviness and continual sorrow in my heart. For I could wish that myself were accursed from Christ for my brethren, my kinsmen according to the flesh…’
-Paul the Apostle
No comments:
Post a Comment