Thursday, July 07, 2005

promise fulfilled

she fought to hold back the tears and failed miserably at her attempt. he was leaving and she could not bear the thought. she tried to remember their happiest times in an effort at relief, but only increased her pain.

she touched his hand, laid her face next to his, and felt the warmth of his cheek next to hers. she lightly kissed his lips, slowly mouthed those three little words they often shared, and mustered a smile as he gazed sweetly at her through the windows of his soul before closing them for all eternity.

[Meet Me There - Richard A. Nichols]

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel your pain Rae, I lived this last week. Haven't been able to write it down properly just yet. All I can say is that one day the memories won't hurt "as much".

Jim Screechy said...

Mushi Mushi bee-yotches! if you can't figure out the meaning of this Haiku wanna be, I take it that you didn't do quite well in CXC literature! Easy cheesy!
-Jim Screechy
www.jimscreechy.blogspot.com

Bashmentbasses said...

OK!