Tuesday, February 09, 2010

sand and sea

When I say we are intimate
I mean we have shared our worlds
our lives, our hearts and minds
with each other.

When I say we are intimate
It is less about how I touch,
and more about how I tell
the deepest and darkest,
the shallowest and lightest of me.

When I say we are intimate
I speak of our privacy
and our comfort and shelter,
our shared secrets and personalities
cozily and sometimes uncomfortably
blending ourselves

When I say we are intimate
I refer to our handling of each other
with care, compassion, and love
even through anger and disappointment
hardships and heartache...
a knowledge that there will always be a time
of sincere release of energy, good or bad.

When I say we are intimate
I mean that our exchange
is constant and on-going,
never fully ceasing
through distance and time;
that our contact remains,
through our varied use of words
and even far beyond them.

No comments: