Monday, December 28, 2009

guilty

I have not been in a committed relationship for a while now. I've had people attracted to me but they were usually looking for a play thing over anything worthwhile. For the ones I have been attracted to, I have to admit that I was probably more attracted to their potential than their current state. A friend posted a poem from a male perspective that seemed funny as heck when I first read it, but can actually be quite accurate for a number of females, present company included.

We Can

No actually..

We Can't be...

No, no its not you, it's me
Because I can't be...
fit into the boxes you keep
Nah tek no check
from your mate-must-have checklist
I do wish I could, wish I might...
all think bout wish pon the first star I see tonight

But instead what I'm seeing is the light.
That the major failing in this plan to par
lies in the fact you like who I could be...
while I like who you are!

So time to pack it in
Luckily not much to regret
Technically the people you wanted in this relationship...
have never met

- §oulless® circa 27 Nov 09

No comments: