I find myself in a solemn mood today. December is usually a season of festivities, celebrating the birth over 2000 years ago of a very extraordinary man with a very extraordinary life. However in the midst of the celebration of his birth, I am faced with a different celebration of life... that of those around me, already lived and ended.
I am again, on another December morning, grateful for those I still have in my life, and reminded that every breath is fleeting. In an instant, it all could be gone. I have kept love from those I would otherwise pour myself on in order to protect myself... if I knew I would not see their face tomorrow, would I do the same? I have left the presence of people I care about without so much as a goodbye because I was busy or rushing... taking it fully for granted that I will see them the next day. When we have the people we love around us all the time, we take something very basic and yet very precious for granted... our ability to see, touch, smell, and hear them.
RIP MM
No comments:
Post a Comment