Thursday, October 22, 2009

tres décadas de vida

Maybe it's a characteristic of milestones that gets people thinking (and maybe over-thinking) the decisions they have made and the resulting life they have led. Whatever the reason, despite being distracted by a busy life, I have found myself deep in the realms of my own mind more frequently than usual: investigating the roads I have taken and forecasting paths based on decisions still waiting to be made.

I have concluded for the most part that I am generally alright with where I am, though I have definitely made some bad choices along the way, and will probably make more in the future. It's easy to say you will learn from them, and I am not disputing that we do, but every instance of life gives us another opportunity to decide, and more often than not the parameters around each decision will never be exactly the same again... so it's a whole new experience each and every time.

What has life offered me the past 30 years? Many valuable and memorable moments that will remain with me hopefully till the very end; many valuable moments that impacted me greatly at the time but that my memory has already discarded; many moments I may have concluded were a waste of time, but was time spent doing something that must have impacted my journey nonetheless; many faces and names and places and 'games' not in that order of importance, preference or appearance, all having their moment, some rendered useless and others so important they could not be forgotten if I tried.

What is in store for the next moments of my life? Your guess is as good as mine.

No comments: