Friday, July 03, 2009

today and always...

Hey Stu-peas

I suppose it's pointless to tell you happy birthday, but I will say I'm thinking about you a lot today. I can't believe you're not here for so many things, the death of Michael Jackson, our childhood singing and dancing legend and icon, being one of them. There's no one else save blood relative that I could possibly say the words 'Michael Jackson has died' and they would understand the detailed implications to me personally the way you would. I really missed you then, as I miss you now, today, on your birthday.

I still hear your many jokes and unique nicknames for people playing in my head in your voice. I still see that look you give me the millisecond after you buss a big joke and are waiting to hear the eruption that will burst forth from my mouth, or that wonderfully raised eyebrow and curled lip when you're being sarcastic... yea, I miss you like I miss cook food at 12:30 on a work day when my lunch time is 1pm, I miss you like Zaire misses the family when they are at work, I miss you like a sister misses her brother when he is gone... too soon.

love you
Aisharay

No comments: