Wednesday, January 21, 2009

too good

I can't remember when I gave a label to this thing in my life, but I remember I labelled it because it occurred too many times to not have a name. I called it...

too-good-to-be-true syndrome [too-good-tuh-bee-troo sin-drohm]
-
noun
1. a characteristic of feeling that something will never happen because it seems like too much of a good thing;
2. a characteristic of feeling that a situation will not happen, or become cursed, or invoke Murphy's Law by virtue of there being a high level of excitement or anticipation for or toward it;
3. a situation or circumstance in which all other aspects are good but which is sabotaged by (typically) one very important factor that cannot be ignored;
4. a situation, circumstance, or option in which all other aspects are good but for which the timing has rendered it too complicated or unavailable.

No comments: