Time makes everything green again.
You could have been having the worst time in the world, anxious to get away from all the stresses and bothers, and yet. Sure, there are things you will miss, but everything just weighs down on you and you just can't wait to leave. Oh to get to that green pasture on the other side of your mind. The freedoms and joys that await you there are endless. The excitement of something new. A new day. A new dawn. Or a return to something you just can't wait to be back to.
We are actually very unkind to ourselves when we filter our thoughts or our memories and keep the good parts. It's something people tell us to do all the time. Forget the bad, remember the good in people, in places, in things. But when we do that, we create a false reality in our heads of something that was better than it really was when we were experiencing it. And that can be dangerous when we end up longing for that memory.
Now there are legitimate times when things were better than they are now, and it wasn't just a figment of your imagination, but the point is that every situation has stress. I am number one for living in any time and place but the present. Unless I am outright having a great time, my mind either rewinds or fast forwards until it hits some green. But I'm slowly yanking myself out of that false reality syndrome so that I can finally condition myself to appreciate everything rather than constantly switching my mind to another time zone.
Brown is the new green.
1 comment:
Live in the moment- always a good mode of operation. I have seen where it has helped me out, particularly in Barbados, and how miserable I could have been had I not adopted that mentality.
Post a Comment