Monday, August 04, 2008

moorlands... a nice camp

It was a week of nothing else but taking in the creation of God: observing his children, in their broken innocence, adulthood creeping into their early teenage years, battling insecurity and independence; fully grown adults sharing their lives, breaking themselves down into teary, painful, happy and sad pieces for young eyes to experience and understand; testimonies of the true acts of God in very different situations with vastly different people, all coming to the same realization of God's love in their lives.

A week of no sadness from being in a job that I do not necessarily like, or thinking about the responsibilities of leadership positions, or how I plan to direct my life to create the most happiness. It was instead a time of remembering how well God can drive if I just let go of the steering and let Him. A week of refreshing commitments to sell off rather than sell out. A time of embracing the 'cross kulcha' that I so freely chose to be a part of.

'Cross kulcha...to di rerl!

Who's the focus? Jesus
Who we followin'? Jesus Christ the King
So as we bounce to dis
Sing and shout these lyrics
Cross Kulcha... dis is a cross kulcha wid Christ

Cross kulcha...to di rerl!'

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I didn't know that's the camp you were doing. I'm a Moorlands kid myself. :-D Thought they went Tuesday to Tuesday. Heh heh. Ahh boy, memories.