Wednesday, February 13, 2008

spinnin' right roun'

First you do the wrong thing
then you regret that
then you do the right thing
then you regret that too.

I've had friends who tell me point blank that if they did something that could hurt someone if they found out, they would correct their action but not bother to confess it. They'll just fix it. I had a serious problem with that. I viewed it as being a hypocrite... living a lie. They viewed it as preservation of the other person. Why put them through unnecessary pain and heartache just to clear your own conscience? Couldn't that be construed as selfishness too?

Damned if you do.
Damned if you don't.

Best way around it... 'trai yu bes no bok yu tuo pan no rok an drop'.

1 comment:

bassChocolate said...

I agree with your friend... to an extent. I've been in situations where keeping quiet avoids unnecessary trouble... it's not all about being selfish.

Would I do it? Yes, if I really thought it was the absolute best thing to do.