Wednesday, June 20, 2007

spill the yoke

I don't want an update on the things that happened in your day.
I won't give an update on the things that happened in mine.
Instead of speaking from without,
I wish to express from within.

I feel...

I feel disturbed and saddened by the belief that people I really care about are slipping away. I feel troubled that people I thought I knew well would prefer to express what they think I want to hear rather than what's really going on. I feel elated and excited about the newness of other things entering my life. I feel slightly nervous about some of the things that make me so excited. I feel tied down... bonded is the perfect word... to the routine of the rest of the working world which I feel I am finally becoming a serious member of, but then I feel set free to plan long-term goals. I feel apprehensive because I believe this stage of my life to be critical in determining where I will end up and I don't want to make the wrong choices. But then I feel as if I am making too much out of small things and creating needless worry. I feel restless. I feel the need to express my feelings.

You feelin' me?

Then let me feel you.

2 comments:

Miss Mel said...

I feel that reading blogs is so revealing yet clouded at the same time.I am happy that I cannot walk around and see what people are thinking all the time. I like reading instead of talking at times so that I have space to look at each thought and dream without my own issues clouding the way.I also feel that these words reinforce our safe zone and are often treacherous bridges for expression of the voice within.

I feel ya

Do you feel me?

Anonymous said...

I feel ya. Welcome to my life...

I feel sad that things haven't worked the way I wanted. I feel happy that things are working as well as they are. I feel confident that this will all be good for me. I feel scared that I won't be who I want to be in the end. I feel lost and free all bundled into one. I feel like there are too many ways to go. I feel sure there's only one path. I feel as though my reality and my dreams have gotten mixed up. I feel that I think that I feel maybe too much.