…Choosing to survive rather than to live.
The body is capable of life on the minimum, but it is incomprehensible why someone would deny a healthy life of meat, flesh and muscle and instead embrace life resembling death: skin stretched tight over nothing but bone.
I call it relationship anorexia: a marriage, family, friendship capable of survival on the bare minimum, and at least one involved party lacking the effort to make it fly. It instead crawls along close to death, surviving rather than thriving.
A life of good health is a choice that most are willing to make. But what good is it to have a healthy life and then starve the interactions that make that life worthwhile.
3 comments:
This is so true. Perhaps this is why I have heard so many people around me making one of their resolutions/plans for this year to be to work a little harder at nourishing the important relationships in their life (which luckily includes me :-) )
Definitely hit the target there Rai (I remembered :))Sad part is lots of people either don't realize it's unhealthy, or are so scared to let go they'll hold on to whatever they have :s
I think most people take it for granted, since in their mind it will always be there, and dont bother to put in the effort needed.
Post a Comment