Monday, September 12, 2005

waltz

We met, we meshed, it was incredible, that bond.
It formed without our knowledge
and blossomed into something far beyond
what we ever anticipated.

In ignorance we danced the night away
not once believing our hearts
would be different by day,
with feelings unrecognisable
to those who bore them.

Almost one we became, inseparable,
and yet still separate in body and mind.
Without even beginning to search
we each found what we longed to find:
the companionship that eluded us for so long,
a freedom of expression that
trust and security are based upon,
another with whom to ourselves we could be true,
as we danced the night away...
...as I danced with you.

3 comments:

bassChocolate said...

Awwww... really sweet. What we dancing to?

It's sad that as I read, I anticipated that the tide would change by the end, and that the waltz would be no more. I guess that's because that's happened to me so many times. But in the end, no matter how it ends, a good waltz is something to remember.

Anonymous said...

This one hits too close to home for me, been here before.

Bashmentbasses said...

my feet hurt